For the most severe applications, in conjunction with aftermarket I-beam rods, ARP has develop the "Pro" Series Wave-Loc Bolts. These ultra heavy-duty rod bolts are made from a special material designated ARP 2000. It has approximately 200% the fatigue life of 8740 chrome moly steel and has a tensile strength of about 220,000 psi, and is capable of more than 12,000 lbs. clamping force.
- Wave-Loc surface contacts the rod and cap for optimum alignment and reduction of fluctuating stress - which strengthens the rod itself!
- Provides snug fit for all OEM connecting rods (interference range of0.0005" to 0.007"), despite wide range of factory rod bolt hole tolerances.
- Available for most applications.
- Superior material grain flow because of patented Wave-Loc surface design as compared to knurled bolts that have sharp edges and "built in" stress risers.
- Balling and scoring of the rod is virtually eliminated because there is only smooth contact and absorutely no "digging