1. Disconnect the battery drain and remove the cooling system. Remove motor and Trans along with the axles and stock exhaust.
2. Take your H or F-Series block and place the provided template on the rear of the oil pan. Do not remove oil pan from block. Mark the appropriate area. Start to grind a 45 degree angle in to the block. Grind until the axle and boot clears. Caution: Do not remove too much material.
3. Remove your stock engine mount and replace it with the Evolution side engine mount (L-shaped Post Bracket) and torque to 40 ft-lbs.
4. Place the H2B adapter plate on the motor with the TRANS SIDE facing towards you. Attach with the four custom Evolution bolts and torque to 33 ft-lbs.
5. Remove your stock flywheel and replace it with the Evolution H2B flywheel. Install the locking plate, torque to 76 ft-lbs., and then bend the ears down on the locking plate.
6. Using a clutch alignment tool, install the pressure plate and hat and torque to 19 ft-lbs.
7. Attach the Transmission to the motor using the provided bolts and torque to 33 ft-lbs. Reinstall the starter and torque to 32 ft-lbs.
8. Remove the stock half shaft from the pillow block by pressing it out. Take the Evolution H2B pillow block and press in the half shaft (B-Series) and install it on the transmission. Bolt it to the motor using the bolts from the kit and torque it to 32 ft-lbs.
09. Install the rear frame mount in the stock location using factory bolts and torque to 40 ft-lbs. (Note: Use Civic Si Rear bracket 99-00 for the EK chassis)
10. Install the passenger side motor mount bracket to the stock location on the frame-using factory bolts. Be sure to install washer on hole 3 between frame and bracket then torque your bolts to 32ft lbs (Important: follow the torque sequence). (for 96-2000 Civic EK chassis)
11. Install Driver side bracket start with the base using the bolts provided torque to 32FT lbs. Then install the second piece on the base and torque to 28FT lbs.
12. With the motor and transmission assembled hoist it in to the engine bay. (We found it to be easier to lower the transmission side first, support it with floor jack and then lower the rest of the motor in to place.) With the jack and hoist still in place attach the rear engine support and tighten till snug only.
13. Install the passenger side Transmission mount to the transmission and tighten till snug only. (For 96-2000 Civic EK chassis only)
14. Install the driver side mount and bolt it to the side engine mount tighten till snug only. (For 96-2000 Civic EK chassis only)
15. With all of the mounts installed, torque them down in the following sequence: (for 96-2000 Civic EK chassis only)
1. Side Trans mount-to-block bolts to 28 ft-lbs
2. Front engine mount to blocks to 40 ft-lbs
3. Rear engine mount-to-block bolts to 40 ft-lbs
4. Rear engine mount through bolt to 47 ft-lbs
5. Front engine mount through bolt to 47 ft-lbs
6. Side Trans mount through bolt to 40 ft-lbs
16. With the motor bolted in, remove the hoist and install the axles.
17. Install the slave cylinder extension block with the bolts provided. Bolt the slave cylinder to the block using the stock bolts.
18. Reconnect the hydraulic clutch line and bleed the clutch.
19. If not already done remove the stock D-series shift linkage and replace it with the new B-series Shift linkage (a 1999-2000 Civic Si one will work). Connect the new linkage to the transmission.
20. Install heater hoses along with the radiator and radiator hoses. Fill and bleed the cooling system.
21. The stock fuel line will not fit so a custom one must be made or bought. You can make one out of the stock fittings and a longer section of fuel line or go to your local hose and fitting store and have one made there.
22. The stock throttle cable will work but the Prelude bracket must be turned around in order for it to be used.
23. Install the Evolution PCV Extension Valve.
-For optimal hood closure, cut out webbing as shown: (for 1996-2006 Civic EK chassis)
24. 6 quart of motor oil requires