Evolution H2B Installation Instructions for 92-95 Honda Civic EG & 94-01 Acura Integra DC2 Chassis using the Evolution 26108 H2B Conversion Kit
An experience mechanic required Before installing the kit we recommend replacing water pump and timing belt. Swap Shop Racing is dealer for Gates.
1. Disconnect the battery drain and remove the cooling system. Remove motor and Trans along with the axles and stock exhaust.
2. Take your H or F-Series block and place the provided template on the rear of the oil pan. Do not remove oil pan from block. Mark the appropriate area. Start to grind a 45 degree angle in to the block. Grind until the axle and boot clears. Caution: Do not remove too much material.
3. Remove your stock engine mount and replace it with the Evolution engine side mount post bracket (L-shaped) and torque to 40 ft-lbs.
4. Place the H2B adapter plate on the motor with the TRANS SIDE facing towards you. Attach with the four custom Evolution bolts and torque to 33 ft-lbs.
5. Remove your stock flywheel and replace it with the Evolution H2B flywheel. Install the locking plate, torque to 76 ft-lbs., and then bend the ears down on the locking plate.
6. Using a clutch alignment tool, install the pressure plate and hat and torque to 19 ft-lbs.
7. Attach the transmission to the motor using the provided bolts and torque to 33 ft-lbs. Reinstall the starter and torque to 32 ft-lbs.
8. Remove the stock half shaft from the pillow block by pressing it out. Take the Evolution pillow block and press in the half shaft and install it on the transmission. Bolt it to the motor using the bolts from the kit and torque it to 32 ft-lbs.
9. Install the rear frame mount in the stock location using factory bolts and torque to 40 ft-lbs. (for 92-95 Civic EG body only)
10. With the motor and transmission assembled hoist it in to the engine bay. (We found it to be easier to lower the transmission side first, support it with floor jack and then lower the rest of the motor in to place.) With the jack and hoist still in place attach the rear engine support and tighten till snug only.
11. Install the passenger Trans mount to the transmission and tighten till snug only. (For 92-95 Civic EG body only)
12. Install the driver side mount and bolt it to the side engine mount tighten till snug only. (for 92-95 Civic EG body only)
13. With all of the mounts installed, torque them down in the following sequence: (for 92-95 Civic EG Body only)
1. Side Trans mount-to-block bolts to 28 ft-lbs 2. Front engine mount to blocks to 40 ft-lbs 3. Rear engine mount-to-block bolts to 40 ft-lbs 4. Rear engine mount through bolt to 47 ft-lbs 5. Front engine mount through bolt to 47 ft-lbs 6. Side Trans mount through bolt to 40 ft-lbs
14. With the motor bolted in, remove the hoist and install the axles.
15. Install the slave cylinder extension block with the bolts provided. Bolt the slave cylinder to the block using bolts provided.
16. Reconnect the hydraulic clutch line and bleed the clutch.
17. If not already done remove the stock D-series shift linkage and replace it with the new B-series linkage. Connect the new linkage to the transmission.
18. Install heater hoses along with the radiator and radiator hoses. Fill and bleed the cooling system.
19. The stock fuel line will not fit so one must be made or bought. You can make one out of the stock fittings and a longer section of fuel line or go to your local hose and fitting store and have one made there.
20. The stock throttle cable will work but the Prelude bracket must be turned around in order for it to be used.
21. Install PCV Valve
• For optimal hood closure, cut out webbing as shown: for 1992-1995 Civic EG chassis or use an aftermarket set of Hood Risers.
22. 6 quart of motor oil requires.